Rubber Gym Flooring in Dewar, OK
Commercial quality rubber flooring can be a confusing decision when you are opening a new gym or upgrading your existing facility. Even though some people will say that "Rubber is Rubber" and there is not much difference between various types of rubber sports flooring, experience shows that rubber gym flooring in Dewar, OK varies greatly in performance, quality, looks, maintenance and last but obviously not least, cost!
Many gym owners, regardless if this is their first gym or 10th opening will be working within a set budget where they need to buy the equipment, complete the upgrades to the location, pay employees and spend as much on marketing as they can possibly afford. The result of all these costs often does not leave much in the budget for flooring. So how do you make sure you get the best gym or weight room flooring for your money? By gathering the correct information about the different types of rubber flooring available and having the right source of supply which will make a huge difference in the performance and cost of your floor.
So how do you make the right choice for your gym or weight room flooring? You can start by following the 5 suggestions below.
1. Educate yourself on the types of Rubber gym flooring available. Since there are so many different types available, spend some time researching gym flooring on the Internet and don't be afraid to ask questions.
2. Determine the thickness that is right for you. If you are going to use the flooring in a free weight area you want something a bit thicker and very tough. If you are going to use it only in a spin room you can use use material that is thinner since it will not be taking the same pounding as a free weight area. Rubber Flooring is available in 1/4" 5/16", 3/8" and 1/2" thick. The standard for most of the large commercial gyms is the 3/8" thick.
3. Color is the next decision that needs to be made. A general rule for rubber weight room flooring is the higher the color content, the higher the cost. Solid black is always the least expensive since it is often recycled material. You can add a nice look to your floor by using one with a black background and 10% or 20% speckled color content such as Grey or blue.
4. rubber gym flooring in Dewar, OK. rubber gym flooring in Dewar, OK. Rolled rubber flooring or Interlocking tiles is the next choice to make. Rolled rubber comes in 4' wide widths and will give you more of a seamless look and is generally better for large areas. The interlocking tiles are great for, High Schools, Personal Training studios or smaller gyms and Do IT Your Self projects. No adhesive is required for these tiles and they easily snap together.
5. If using rolls you will need to determine if you need to install using a full spread of adhesive, double faced carpet tape or loose lay. This will be determined by the size and use of your gym. Be sure to consider any liability issues when loose laying the floor since there will be the possibility of the rubber moving and creating a trip hazard.
6. Installation. Will you hire a professional installer or make it a DIY project?
7. Maintenance. To seal or not to seal that is the question. Depending on your use and look you want to achieve will determine if you should seal or not. Sealing needs to be repeated from time to time but gives the floor a nice look and makes it easier to clean.
As You can see there are a lot of things to consider when choosing a rubber floor for a health or fitness center. Doing your homework up front and allowing yourself some time to make your decision could make the difference in buying the right sports floor for you.